If Sortd was working previously and you've started experiencing problems, it could be one of a number of things. Here's a step by step guide of what you can do to try and get it working properly again.
1. It could be a known issue that was introduced with a recent release.
Check the Twitter Feed to see if we have posted about a new problem. If we are having an issue we typically post progress updates there.
2. Check that you have the latest version of the Sortd Chrome Extension installed.
- Go to your Chrome Menu > More Tools > Extensions
- Scroll down to Sortd
- To see the latests version number you can go to the Chrome Web Store here, and looking at the version number under the 'Additional Information' section.
- If yours is not the latest version, enable Developer Mode (at the top right)
- Click on the Update button
- Wait until you see the Sortd version number change to the latest version.
- Refresh your Gmail tab and see if that has fixed the problem.
3. Have you changed your domain or email address?
Your Sortd account is linked to your email address in Gmail. If you have changed your email address or email domain (but the Gmail Account is still the same) Sortd should detect this and work correctly but if you suspect this is a problem, please log a ticket. You will need to tell us the old email address and the new email address - we will update your account record on our side and that should get things working again. Please note that if your email address has changed such that you cannot see your old email, Sortd will not be able to detect this, and indeed, an new Sortd account will have to be created as Sortd is tightly coupled to your Google account and data cannot be moved between accounts.
4. Have you installed another Chrome extension recently? If so it could be conflicting with Sortd.
- If you know what extension you added - try disabling it (Chrome menu > More Tools Extensions) - disable the new extension, refresh your Gmail tab and try again.
- If you don't know whether you have added another extension (or what it is), the simplest way to try and get Sortd working again is to install it again on a new Chrome Profile. You can do this by following these steps.
- If Sortd works properly on the new profile it means that it's most likely conflicting with another extension - you will need to try and identify the one it's conflicting with and disable it.
5. A good ol' reinstall might fix it
- Remove the Sortd Chrome Extension (Chrome Menu > More Tools > Extensions) - scroll down to Sortd and hit the trash can icon to remove it (don't worry you won't lose any of your data).
- Install it again from https://www.sortd.com.